7 Questions To Answer Before You Buy An Engagement Ring
June 7, 2018
Ready for a shopping trip to Greenberg’s Jewelers to buy an engagement ring? Not so fast. There are a lot of determining factors you’ll want to know before deciding which ring is perfect for her. These factors range from size and shape to what she does for a living and they’re different for each person.
Take a minute to find the answers to the questions below before you buy.
- What is her style? Sneak on her Pinterest page or ask her friends what she has been looking at for rings. You can also casually pop into a jewelry store and watch which styles she’s drawn to, including what diamond shape she likes the best. Diamonds are cut into several shapes, the most common are: round, princess, radiant, cushion, oval, emerald, pear, marquise and heart.
- What size is important to her? Size importance differs among brides, but most start at 1 carat and go up from there. Now is not the time to go the cheapest route; this ring will be on her finger forever, so get the size she really wants. Then it will be justified in your mind in terms of the amount you’re going to spend and what you can afford.
- What complementary pieces do you need? The engagement ring is just the first part of the package. You will also need a wedding band for both you and her. Does she want matching pieces? Does she want a wedding band she can stack? Knowing these answers can narrow down the engagement ring possibilities.
- What will the ring look like all together? Some brides prefer a custom-look, designed specifically for her, where others prefer to find something that’s already made. If she does want a custom ring, we’re experienced at simplifying the process and making even complex designs accessible.
- What does she do for a living? A dainty and delicate ring probably won’t suit an avid gardener. Does she work in the medical field? Or is she a baker? These questions can make a big difference for ring style. Because if you want the piece to last, you have to think about what the wearer does on a daily basis.
- What does she want for the center stone? A diamond is forever and by far the stone that’s proposed with most, but there are other options available. Created gems and Moissanite pieces have grown in popularity, as well as using morganite as the center stone. But, the diamond remains the most popular. It has a long history, mystique and holds its value much better over the other choices.
- How are you planning to propose? Will the proposal include the ring? Will it be a secret? Many grooms like to surprise the bride-to-be with a proposal, on one knee, ring in hand. For others, the actual ask is the surprise, then you can go to Greenberg’s together to pick out the ring.
When you have the answers, bring them to Greenberg’s Jewelers. Our Greenberg’s Difference offers our customer the highest-quality jewelry and the best customer experience. We’re part of the Leading Jewelers Guild, a buying group that gives us buying power over other jewelers and allows us to offer the best prices for diamonds. Plus we’re all about family and giving back to the community. Experience what we have to offer at any one of our locations in Iowa, Nebraska and South Dakota.